Recognizing that you need treatment for a psychotic disorder is the first step in taking back control from an illness that has been so disruptive to your life. At Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, we are here to help you when you’re ready to start your recovery journey.
The Benefits of Psychotic Disorder Treatment
If you’re living with an untreated psychotic disorder, you’ve likely experienced episodes of psychosis that have made the world around you feel dangerous or overwhelming.
Without healthy ways to manage these episodes, you may find yourself struggling to perform at work or have positive relationships with your loved ones.
Many people who are living with an untreated psychotic disorder have suffered loss. They’ve lost their jobs, important relationships, their homes and sometimes their freedom through incarceration.
Fortunately, help is available. The inpatient psychotic disorder treatment we provide at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital serves adults age 18 and older who are in crisis and need acute care to achieve stabilization.
During your inpatient stay with us, you can regain a sense of safety and stability, grounding yourself in a way that helps you identify what is real and what is a result of psychosis. You can also learn how to manage the behaviors and feelings that have been barriers to your healing and recovery.
When you take part in inpatient psychotic disorder treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you’ll also have the opportunity to meet others who share your struggles with these conditions. For some people, these relationships become a source of ongoing support long after treatment ends.
Living with an untreated psychotic disorder can make you feel like there’s no hope for a fulfilling life, but our goal is to help adults discover the possibility of a brighter, more hopeful tomorrow.
Choosing the Right Psychotic Disorder Treatment
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to treatment for a psychotic disorder. These conditions impact everyone differently, and the way each person responds to treatment can vary. That’s why it’s so important to find a psychotic disorder treatment center that fits your specific needs.
When choosing a treatment place, it’s essential to find one where they will conduct a comprehensive assessment so that they can create a personalized treatment plan for you.
The healing environment at the treatment center you select is also crucial to your recovery and can make a positive difference in your progress. Consider looking for a treatment place where you’ll feel safe and supported so that you can make the changes needed to find lasting recovery.
You may also want to ask about what disorders they treat, what levels of care they provide and who is on your treatment team. You can reach out to the treatment center you’re interested in to get more information about their offerings.
Therapies Used in Psychotic Disorder Treatment
The expert clinicians at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital use evidence-based therapies and interventions to promote the best treatment outcomes possible.
We work closely with each person to understand how living with a psychotic disorder has affected them so that we can tailor their care to their specific situation.
To accomplish this, you’ll complete a comprehensive evaluation before beginning inpatient treatment for a psychotic disorder.
Depending on the recommendations provided by your care team, your psychotic disorder treatment plan might include:
- Process and psychoeducational group therapy sessions
- Individual therapy provided on a case-by-case basis
- Family sessions provided on a case-by-case basis
- Various types of experiential therapies
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Medication management services
Before transitioning out of inpatient care at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you’ll receive a detailed discharge plan with the resources you need to continue the progress you made with us.
Why Choose Our Psychotic Disorder Treatment Center
Choosing a psychotic disorder treatment center is a highly personal decision, and the right treatment place for you should meet you where you are in your recovery journey.
Here are a few reasons why Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital may be the ideal place to get psychotic disorder treatment:
- Personalized treatment: The care you receive at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital reflects the diversity of your experiences, ensuring that the therapies and interventions in your treatment plan meet your specific needs and goals.
- 24-hour nursing care: Our expert clinicians provide 24-hour nursing care throughout your inpatient stay so that you receive the focused support you need to start functioning at a higher level.
- Foundation for recovery: Although inpatient treatment is typically a short-term experience, the work you do throughout your stay with us sets a solid foundation for long-term recovery.
- Ideal healing environment: We’ve created a warm, calming healing environment that includes recreational and leisure spaces, such as courtyards with walking tracks, an indoor gym and outdoor basketball courts.
- Compassionate team of experts: You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals who treat every person with the dignity and respect they deserve.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital.