Our Mission, Vision and Values guide everything we do at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
We envision a strong, vibrant Catholic health ministry in the United States that will lead to the transformation of healthcare. We will provide service that is committed to better health and well-being for our communities and that responds to the needs of individuals throughout the life cycle. We will expand the role of laity, in both leadership and sponsorship, to ensure a Catholic health ministry in the future.
These values shape the way we provide care to the people we serve:
- Service of the poor: Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence: Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity: Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom: Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity: Courageous innovation
- Dedication: Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry