Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital offers comprehensive inpatient services for adults age 18 and older who have been struggling with mental health and substance use disorders.
Choosing to enter a mental health treatment program can be a difficult decision, but when you select Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you can rest assured that you will receive personalized care provided by compassionate professionals within a safe and welcoming environment.
Untreated mental health disorders can have a profound negative impact on the quality and substance of a person’s life. Without proper care, people who struggle with mental health disorders may find it difficult or virtually impossible to get and keep a job, establish financial independence, form and maintain healthy relationships, and otherwise fully engage in a productive and satisfying life.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. When a person gets the type and level of mental healthcare that is right for them, they can achieve significant improvements in their physical, emotional and social well-being.
At Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, adults whose lives have been disrupted by mental health concerns discover that they are not alone, that help is available, and that a much happier and healthier future is possible.
Here, the isolation, fear and frustration of untreated mental health concerns give way to the promise of community and the hope of a brighter tomorrow.
Mental health treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital may include a wide range of evidence-based, research-supported therapeutic interventions and related activities. We work closely with each person to identify the full scope of their needs so that we can be sure that we’re providing the personalized care that will help them achieve improved health.
Depending on the information we gather during our thorough intake assessment process, mental health treatment at our hospital may include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Trauma-informed care
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy, including process and psychoeducational sessions
- Multiple types of experiential therapy
- Family sessions
Treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital may also include detoxification and medication management services if necessary. All adults who receive treatment through our inpatient mental health program also have access to 24-hour nursing care.
When you’re seeking professional care for a mental health disorder, it’s important to select the treatment provider that is best prepared to meet your unique needs.
To make this decision, you should consider several factors, including what level of care the facility provides, which types of disorders they treat, how they will assess your needs and who will provide your treatment.
An ideal mental health hospital is one where you’ll complete a thorough evaluation, follow a personalized treatment plan, receive a customized array of evidence-based services and work with a multidisciplinary team of experts. Perhaps most importantly, the right mental health treatment provider for you is the place where you feel welcome, comfortable and supported.
Representatives of any mental or behavioral health hospital you are considering should be happy to answer all your questions about their programming, services, staff and facility.
Choosing a mental health treatment center is a personal decision that should be based on a thorough evaluation of several essential factors. The following are among the many reasons why Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital may be the perfect place for you:
- Level of care: Inpatient programming at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital offers focused services and comprehensive support to help adults achieve stabilization so that they can return home or step down to a less restrictive level of care.
- Safe and supportive environment: Our team works diligently to ensure that Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital remains a welcoming place where all patients, family members, staff and visitors are treated with dignity and respect.
- Personalized treatment: We understand that each person who develops a mental health disorder is impacted in a unique way, and we’re committed to providing you with the personalized care that will meet your specific needs and empower you to make sustained progress during and after your time at our hospital.
- Evidence-based services: The therapeutic interventions and other activities that are included in your treatment plan will reflect decades of peer-reviewed research as well as the most recent evidence-based advances.
- Multidisciplinary treatment teams: Throughout your time in our care, you will work in active collaboration with a team of dedicated treatment professionals. In addition to their significant training and extensive experience, these experts also possess an unwavering commitment to superior, person-centered service.
In addition to benefiting from the features listed above, when you complete treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you will also receive a detailed discharge plan to guide your continued progress.
Elements in this customized document may include a referral to an outpatient program, aftercare appointments with a behavioral health provider, details about community-based resources, and other information that will help you maintain and build on the progress you made while in our care.
The time you spend in treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital may be relatively brief, but the service and support you receive here are designed to yield benefits that can truly last a lifetime.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital.