Choosing to receive care at an addiction treatment center can be a vital step on the path to a healthier and more satisfying future. At Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, adults age 18 and older can receive personalized addiction treatment within a safe and welcoming environment.
The Benefits of Addiction Treatment
If you need, but do not receive, professional treatment for addiction, you remain at risk for a wide range of negative outcomes. The detrimental effects of untreated addiction can include ruined relationships, financial difficulties, chronic unemployment, physical and mental health concerns and even death.
Thankfully, addiction is a treatable condition. When you get help at a reputable addiction treatment place such as Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you can develop the skills and strategies that will empower you to maintain long-term recovery.
At Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, we understand that the time you spend with us will be just one part of your recovery journey. Our addiction treatment professionals will work closely with you to identify the full scope of your needs and provide you with the personalized care that will promote continued progress.
When you receive addiction treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you’ll get the help you need to achieve stabilization and establish a foundation for sustained recovery.
How to Select the Right Addiction Treatment Center
Choosing the right place to get addiction treatment involves identifying the program or provider whose services best match your specific needs. There is no one single perfect approach to addiction treatment.
To determine if an addiction treatment center is a good fit for you, ask questions such as:
- What types of therapies are incorporated into addiction treatment at your center?
- Do you offer personalized care for each person who takes part in addiction treatment at your facility?
- How will you determine which services are right for me?
- If I receive care at your addiction treatment place, what professionals will I work with?
- Does your center offer discharge planning? If so, what will be included in my plan?
Representatives of any reputable addiction treatment center should be happy to answer these and any other questions you may have.
Therapies Used to Treat Addiction
When you take part in addiction treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, your care may include a variety of evidence-based therapies and related interventions. The experts on your addiction treatment team will identify your needs and select the elements of care that will best prepare you to experience improved health and achieve successful long-term recovery.
Prior to starting treatment for addiction at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you’ll complete a thorough assessment. The information that is gathered during this assessment will guide the development of your personalized addiction treatment plan.
Depending on a variety of individual factors, your addiction treatment plan may include:
- Medication management services
- Individual therapy
- Process groups and psychoeducational groups
- Experiential therapies
- Family sessions
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
All patients who receive inpatient addiction treatment at our hospital also benefit from access to 24-hour nursing care. Prior to transitioning out of our addiction treatment center, you will also receive a detailed discharge plan to promote continued progress as you work to maintain your recovery.
Why Choose Our Treatment Center for Addiction?
Identifying the ideal addiction treatment center is, of course, a personal decision that reflects your unique history, needs and goals.
If you are in the process of deciding which treatment place is the best fit for you, here are five reasons why Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital may be the optimal choice:
- Inpatient programming: We offer focused, short-term treatment that can help you achieve stabilization and prepare you to return home or step down to a lower level of care. The time you spend in our inpatient program may be relatively brief, but the lessons you learn here and the addiction treatment services you receive can yield lifelong benefits.
- Personalized service: You will complete a thorough evaluation to ensure that we’ve identified the full scope of your needs, and you will receive an addiction treatment plan that was developed specifically for you.
- Superior clinical care: Your personalized addiction treatment plan will include a variety of evidence-based, research-supported interventions, each of which will be selected and customized for maximum benefit to you.
- Experienced and compassionate professionals: Addiction treatment at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital is not a passive experience. Here, you will work in close collaboration with a team of professionals who are committed to providing you with the superior services that will help you achieve your goals and build a foundation for successful long-term recovery.
- Safe and welcoming environment: We work diligently to maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming treatment place for our patients and their loved ones. Throughout your time at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital, you can expect to be treated as a valuable person who is worthy of dignity and respect.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Ascension Saint Thomas Behavioral Health Hospital.